in

The Queen and Prince Philip will spend time privately at Sandringham when they leave Balmoral


The Queen, 94, plans to return to work at Buckingham Palace in October as she and Prince Philip cut their Scottish summer holiday short for a two-week break at Sandringham

  • Queen, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, will leave Balmoral for Sandringham
  • Couple arrived at Scottish estate in August and have enjoyed visits from family
  • They typically remain there until early October but will now depart next week
  • Queen and Prince Philip have been in isolation since the start of lockdown 

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will cut short their Scottish summer holiday and leave for Sandringham next week, it has been announced. 

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, typically remain at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, until early October but will now depart next week, Buckingham Palace said in a statement today.

It was thought the couple would spend a few more weeks in Scotland before returning to Windsor, where they had been isolating prior to their summer holiday. 

However the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will now spend at least two weeks ‘privately’ at Sandringham. The Queen then plans to travel to Windsor in early October. 

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip (pictured together at Windsor), 99, arrived at Balmoral at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. They will now travel to Sandringham when they leave Balmoral next week, it has been announced

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip (pictured together at Windsor), 99, arrived at Balmoral at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. They will now travel to Sandringham when they leave Balmoral next week, it has been announced

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Balmoral (pictured), in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. Stock image

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Balmoral (pictured), in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. Stock image

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: ‘The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will depart Balmoral Castle during the week commencing September 14 to spend time privately on the Sandringham Estate.

‘Subject to the finalisation of the autumn programme, Her Majesty’s intention is to return to Windsor Castle in October and to resume the use of Buckingham Palace for selected Audiences and engagements. 

‘These plans will be kept under review and will of course be subject to all relevant guidance and advice.’

MailOnline has contacted Buckingham Palace for more details. 

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire, at the start of August and have enjoyed visits from family in the weeks since. 

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will now spend at least two weeks 'privately' at Sandringham (pictured)

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will now spend at least two weeks ‘privately’ at Sandringham (pictured)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have spent time on the estate, as have Princess Anne and Prince Andrew. 

It comes following reports that the Queen is set to make Windsor Castle her main home and won’t resume residence at Buckingham Palace this year, according to a royal source.

Her Majesty would like to ‘commute’ to London for engagements if it is safe to do so, the Sunday Times reported.

It is believed the Queen’s absence from Buckingham Palace will be her longest during her 68-year reign.

The Queen would usually go back to the premises in October following her summer break in Balmoral.

It is believed that proposals are being reviewed for how the Queen (pictured in March) could safely attend commemorations at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday in November

It is believed that proposals are being reviewed for how the Queen (pictured in March) could safely attend commemorations at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday in November 

Instead, following her time in Sandringham, she will return to Windsor Castle where she self-isolated with the Duke of Edinburgh from March 19 prior to their Scottish holiday.

A royal source said: ‘There is a desire to get Buckingham Palace up and running again as a working palace, but only if all the relevant advice suggests that it is appropriate to do so.’ 

It is believed that proposals are being reviewed for how the Queen could safely attend commemorations at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday in November.

But Her Majesty apparently won’t be returning to Buckingham Palace again until the threat from COVID-19 is extinguished.

However, it is thought that the Queen will be spending her usual Christmas break at Sandringham in Norfolk.

Advertisement



Source link

What do you think?

Written by Xam Ali

Daily news and analysis of the global biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical. They were placed on your computer when you launched this website.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

DYSILK 10 Pairs 6D Mink Eyelashes Faux Fluffy Long Dramatic False Eyelashes Pack Natural Extension Wispy Fake Eyelashes Makeup Volume Handmade Eyelashes Thick